Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Radiofrequency Ablation Cervical Thoracic Spine: 2 steps forward and 1 step back!

Hello fellow chronic pain followers,

Ok, I know there are no followers, but I can be hopeful! After all, I have to be hopeful about something! It has now been 5 days since my radiofrequency ablation procedure and just when I was feeling better and getting around more, it hit again! The return of horrible, horrendous pain! My pain is caused by spasms that start in my neck and move upward to produce a hideous headache that can not be stopped by medication. The only thing that seems to help is packing my neck and head in ice packs and firm pressure with my fingers on the base of my skull. This lessons the pain but as soon as I "defrost", the pain returns.

Does anyone else have experiences like these? Is anyone there?

My husband says that I am always in a bad mood, always complaining and God knows, I am trying to climb out of that deep dark tunnel of pain. But he is right, I am always down, always sad that my life has been destroyed by pain and whenever things start to improve, I get shoved back down. Chronic pain has destroyed every relationship I have ever tried to have and the worst part of it is that I am the one who has allowed my pain to have control over me and my relationships.

Is another marriage going to evaporate? He gets angry when I keep things from him, but then tells me that I am negative when I tell him the truth on how I really feel and what is happening to me. How do I fix this?

Is life supposed to be this hard all the time? It has been over 25 years of this chronic pain! And when I say that I can't take it anymore, I know that I can. I can because God is there with me, He is for me, and I am never alone! Thank you Lord Jesus because without you, I would have given up!

Help me Lord to just make it through another day and please help me carry the physical and emotional pain of living with a chronic condition that has no end in sight!


I can do all things through Christ which
strengtheneth me.  Phillipians 4:13


1 comment:

  1. Hey there - I hope after 3 years you are doing much better. I have only been in chronic pain since 2009 after a car accident. It took that long to find radiofrequency treatment. I have undergone way too many nerve blocks, cortisone shot treatments, physical therapy and so on. I have Occipital Neuralgia and it is constant. I am also a believer and know that God can and will heal us. Through the pain comes the miracle! I hope and pray that you are doing much better!!

    ReplyDelete