Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cervical-thoracic radiofrequency ablation lesioning

Hello brothers and sisters,

Well, it's the same old, same old thing! I started to increase my activities by walking and doing the sit and be fit show and I started to improve and feel just a little better. But as it always happens, the increase of activity starts spasms in my upper back and neck followed by pain at the base of my skull and before long, the "Headache" begins!

Two steps forward~~~three steps back!! 

What is really discouraging is that the pain is on the left side, the side that had Cervical-thoracic radiofrequency ablation lesioning  2 weeks ago! I am scheduled to have it again tomorrow on the right side and although I am not looking forward to the actual procedure, I was hoping to achieve some lasting improvement. But with the reoccurance of increasing spasms and pain, I am discouraged!

Ok, enough of that!  It is time to follow the Lord!

Positive thinking!! This will get better and the procedure will eventually improve!  I had graduated to 2 hours of activity followed by rest and ice applied to my neck and back (every 2 hrs). So, I go back to 45 minutes of activity followed by 15 minutes of ice (every hour on the hour). Hey, it's worth it to decrease the spasms!

Body:  I will try a gentle walk today only if I can break the spasms and headache. I will not push beyond my ability!

Spirit: This picture says it all for me today!
So today I wait upon the Lord for His special touch and healing.

Please let me hear from you. I am sure that you need as much encouragement as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment